Sr. Scrum Master
@ Ingelheim, Germany
Sr. Scrum Master
@ Ingelheim, Germany
BI X as a part of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
(Senior) Scrum Master @ BI X-208669
Senior Scrum Master - Save Lives through digital healthcare solutions
BI X is Boehringer Ingelheim´s digital lab. Together with the BI business, BI X will develop breakthrough digital solutions in healthcare – from idea to pilot. BI X will support BI in their quest to improve human and animal health – with the freedom of a start-up and the power of one of the world's leading pharma companies.
As a Senior Scrum Master at BI X, you work on challenging, business-driven initiatives. These can range from advanced analytics to digital therapeutic applications. To create and deliver both vision and tangible outcomes, you support product owner and development team in building digital product, and facilitate their interactions with users, business stakeholders, and vendor organizations. At the same time, you create the environment in which a team can work in an agile, self-organized way.
As a Senior Scrum Master, you go beyond helping the team work. For instance, you coach Product Owners on their role as an entrepreneur and in specific techniques such as OKRs, business modelling, and growth hacking. You also take a more active role in the stakeholder management around the product team, especially within the IT organization. You actively contribute to further development of the Agile Coaching Chapter and BI X as a whole.
Depending on your experience and skills, the position can be filled as Intermediate or Senior Scrum Master.
Desired Skills & Mindset
We are looking for a people person that is fluent in the product, process, and technology facets of agile. You are a practitioner in all aspects of Scrum, including, e.g., coaching of Product Owner, team, and organization.
Lastly, you would also be proficient in the areas required for a team to build beautiful and valuable digital product. Despite (or due to!) multiple years of experience leading agile teams, you are an active learner and are excited about driving change and continuous improvements using agile.
- Several years' experience leading agile development teams as Scrum Master
- Profound experience with scaling up products in the market
- Proven track-record of working with Product Owners with different seniority levels
- Prior experience in digital therapeutic space and/or software as medical device context is an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders on all levels
- At least one pronounced skill spike in one of the skill portfolio of a Scrum Master, such as personal coaching or (visual) facilitation
- English working proficiency and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience as both a team member and Scrum Master
- Experience with building high quality digital products from scratch
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering best practices
- Coaching of the Product Owner towards digital product leadership
- Experience with teaching agile in a workshop setting is a plus
- Knowledge of Confluence and JIRA is a plus
- Excellent observer that can identify risks and enable the team to see and address them on their own
- You can demonstrate intuitive servant leadership skills and you enjoy teaching and mentoring others
- Pushing innovation in our initiatives and at the same time being the “guardian of quality” energizes you
- You can meet senior business leaders on eye level based on excellent communication skills, coaching them regarding the agile way of working and translating strategic discussions into on the ground coaching with teams
Our office culture is casual, inclusive, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. You will work on challenging projects in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues who join us from a variety of backgrounds. We work at a fast pace, yet have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. We will offer you exciting career prospects within a start-up-like environment, yet aligned to Boehringer Ingelheim.
Full remuneration package to be discussed with candidates. We also care about your relocation!
For further information please contact BI X - Recruiting Services: Natalie Scheid, phone: +49 (0)6132 - 77 144649